As a leading public sector organisation, the Department of Water understands that people are what make organisations great and that our success relies heavily on all our employees.
With a diverse range of operations, both geographically and by profession, the Department of Water employs approximately 500 permanent and contract staff across the state. We look to recruit talented people who have the desire and drive to contribute to our success and can help us meet the objectives of the department.
We offer career options from technical and science positions through to policy, legislation, regional development, engineering, operational and administrative roles.
Our recruitment and selection process is designed to select the most suitable candidate, based on a fair assessment of skills, knowledge and abilities relevant to the requirements of the position whilst ensuring legislative requirements are met. The Department of Water embraces diversity and is committed to ensuring its workforce is reflective of our community. We welcome job applications from a diverse range of people that enables us to deliver our services in a way that best meets the different needs of all Western Australians.
The Department provides a working environment that promotes and supports professional development, work/life balance and wellness for its employee. We have family-friendly policies to enable staff to balance job demands, family and other commitments.
- Flexible working options including part-time employment, purchased leave, deferred salary, working from home and flexible working hours
- Generous leave entitlements including the ability to purchase up to 10 weeks additional leave per calendar year and participation in a deferred salary scheme
- Access to health, wellness and employee assistance programmes
- Leadership development
- Support for professional growth and development
- Salary packaging
- Employer superannuation contributions of 9.5%
- Active social club
- Staff recognition programme